It’s been a few months since I last posted as I’ve been very busy making big changes. After 15 months at Britten Sinfonia, I’m now leaving to pursue my musical activities full-time. I’m therefore intending to be putting more and more things up on this website, when I’m not too busy being a working musician! I want to take this opportunity to thank not only my colleagues at Britten Sinfonia, but the many other people who have helped me get to this point. I hope that this will be the beginning, rather than the end, of many professional relationships as well as friendships!
Coming up in the next couple of months:
- Performing a new work for and with the people of Peterborough, Upon this Rock, as part of the Lantern Parade. This is the finale of the Peterborough Arts Festival and will see hundreds of local people and school children congregate in the Cathedral Square, filling it with light from their lanterns. This free event will take place on the evening of Friday 6th September 2013.
- Starting to teach brass and composition at Parkside and Coleridge Community Colleges in Cambridge.
- Writing horn arrangements for original tunes and inventive covers of soul classics by singer Ollie Lepage-Dean for his upcoming album.
- New outings with my Latin jazz quartet Vesperados, including a double-header gig with EM in Cambridge.
- Developing ideas and material for educational workshops based on New Orleans and Latin jazz.
- Lots of other musical projects, and lots and lots of practice time!
So thanks again to everyone at Britten Sinfonia and the many other organisations I’ve worked with during my time there. Finally, here are a few photos from recent gigs: